ATI tool not detecting GTX...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
When I run ATI Tool, it says that it can't detect a video card. It tells me to fix this by activating it in the display properties. I did this and it was already active so I don't know what it was talking about. I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit if that helps at all, and obviously I have an 8800GTX

I'm using 0.26 and I just reinstalled it and I get this message when I try to show the 3d view:

"The video card you have selected for overclocking in ATITool does not seem to be used by windows.

Visual testing has been disabled.

To fix this, go to display properties, settings and enable the monitor output of the card."

It also does not show any clock speeds on the bars. They are fixed at zero. When I go into ATItool settings, it shows my GTX there so I guess it is detecting it.

I used rivatuner and I got my GTX to 646/1066 but for some reason I just dont trust it because I only got a 20 point improvement in 3DMark06 from 620/1000. That just doesnt seem right.

Actually that sort of seems right. That wasn't much of an overclock. 26 more on core and 66 more on memory, isn't something that would yield a huge improvement with the score.

You should also run 3DMark06 about three times, and get the average, or highest.

Well heres another question then. Why won't rivatuner set my core clock any higher than 648? When I move the slider further up and apply it, the monitor does not show a gain from 648. It boosts my shader clock up though. I'm running a real-time GPU stress testing program while I overclock to make sure it is always on performance mode.

hmm...That I'm not sure of, since I've never used Rivatuner. Maybe you can try using the newer versions of ATI Tool. I believe it's 0.27 Beta 2. I use this version, for both my graphic cards, and it works fine.

hey how did you get 0.27 to work? i couldnt get it to work on my gts.

And for fan speeds, you could use riva tuner or ntune.

I prefer rivatuner since you can set it do load at that certain fan speed on startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom