AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

Ahhhhh! Ok! I'll try it now..

Cuz the multiplier is x by the FSB and 8 to find the speed.... I'll do soem math to see what I'd need.. I'll set everything back..

I'll be back... :D Hopefully with good news.

---EDIT SECTION---

Wow.. the board made it to 235 before a BSOD.. I ran prime for a couple minutes between each stepping to look for any signs of instability... Made it to 240fsb @ 3.6g before a BSOD during prime.

Yeah.. this thing doesn't like it when I mess with the FSB on higher clocks.. I'm @ 17x CPU Mult and 220FSB, dropped down from 230 @ 1.550 Vcore and ram to 5-5-5-15... no workey.. I'm gonna try a 4-4-4-12..

What I'm @ now: BSOD @ the final load screen. Posting 3.85g

Mult @ 17.50x
FSB @ 220
DRAM @ 733 (lowest w FSB @ 220)
CPU/NB @ 12x mult
HT Link @ 800mhz (sweet spot)
DRAM Timing @ 4-4-4-12 (sticks are 5-5-5-15, but w the FSB @ 220 and Freq @ 773)
CPU VCore @ 1.550
CPU/NB @ 1.5125
CPU VDDA V @ Auto
DRAM V @ 2.17
HT V @ 1.30
NB V @ 1.20
NB 1.8v @ Auto
SB V @ Auto

CPU and PCIE Spread @ Disabled... Running 4 g or ram instead of 8 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 sticks rated @ 2.2v.

You should run more than a few minutes of prime for it to be legit. Although I would recommend running Intel burn test instead. it is much shorter and gives you the same results.

I can no longer edit the original post, if your interested in having this thread updated you will have to ask one of the currently active super moderators.

HHA!! FINALLY booted 3.8G!! ALMOST Booted 4.0g with Vista 64b! Will post a screen shot tmrw if I remember.. getting late, getting tired..

i cant get a stable 3.7GHz anymore. My mobo is probably messed up. I still get the 0x0000124 error but only when i OC to 3.6-3.7. Still trying to work things out though.

I also can not get this SOB to boot past 3.8. 3.8 and getting a Pi run and SS etc takes A LOT of work, and doesn't even matter if you max out the volts in the BIOS.

I don't remember what my max voltage is in BIOS off the top of my head. Right now I'm at stock voltage and clock...I usually keep it at stock unless I need to or want to overclock for fun to do benches, or Pi runs or the Linpack (which I want to try).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom