6GHz Phenom II Overclock on Dry Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be happy with 4ghz on air 24/7 myself.

Now thats my concern, just how long will a 45nm chip last under 1.6v..
Well considering they've clocked past 6GHZ north of 1.9V, I'm pretty sure 1.6V would be fine as long as temps are okay.

With the cold bug gone, the biggest issue overclockers are likely to face is heat.

Well considering they've clocked past 6GHZ north of 1.9V, I'm pretty sure 1.6V would be fine as long as temps are okay.

I hope so.

Any info on pricing yet?

I think ill be looking to get the 940 along with an sb750 board, core contact, Temjin TJ-10 and a GTX 260. And maybe a couple wd640gb's in raid and a bd disc drive.

I hope so.

Any info on pricing yet?
Dunno yet, but they will have be priced under $300 US at least

I think ill be looking to get the 940 along with an sb750 board, core contact, Temjin TJ-10 and a GTX 260. And maybe a couple wd640gb's in raid and a bd disc drive.
I just got a blu-ray drive. I discovered it's not easy to actually play blu-ray without DRM's unnecessary restrictions (and this is with legitimately bought movies)
But I heard Mplayer can run decrypted blu-ray rips

Its true about Mplayer, dont ask me how i know.

In my opinion whoever coined the term DRM should be hunted down and flogged in public with rusted nails driven through a 2x4.

Then again thats my opinion...
GO TO **** SPORE / WARHEAD / FARCRY2 DRM!!!

Dunno yet, but they will have be priced under $300 US at least

I just got a blu-ray drive. I discovered it's not easy to actually play blu-ray without DRM's unnecessary restrictions (and this is with legitimately bought movies)
But I heard Mplayer can run decrypted blu-ray rips

Hmm.....well all my stuff is HDCP compliant and i have windvd 8 platinum which should support it.

lol I wish you were right, but what kind of logic is that...people have put 2V through Wolfdale chips for crazy OCs but that doesn't mean 1.6V is fine

1.6V is pushing it on 90nm, let alone 45nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom