Minimum Post Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trotter said:
We're closer to 150 or more now, counting all the various spammers from the same email domain.

wow. have you guys gotten anywhere on blocking their IP address? I know that you were thinking about that at on time.

Whoa that link sounds pretty dangerous! Thy really do need this minimum post count applied...

yeah we really need to inc operate this on the site cause I am tired of them too, they really touch a nerve.

The idea of a minimum post requirement is appauling.

Firstly because, IF!! we add a minimum post before people can make a link THEN!! the fools making the effort to spam will just spam until they reach the minimum post requirement, resulting in more spam.

And secondly, you're assumming people joining are "noobs" and have nothing relevant to say. By this i mean, if somebody was asking for help and there was an unregistered person who knew how to help, and they decided they'd give them a link or something along those lines. Then guess what..........

KBlair said:
What about first-time posters who link to computer hardware on shopping sites for reference and ease to the people helping them?

Visual conformation would be a sure fire way to cut down on the spam bots.

kfc469 said:
well, I was a member of another forum, and they had that same rule. It was mildly annoying, but it kept all of the spammers out. If a new user wanted to post a link they could always do something like:

www(dot)google(dot)com

Spammers probably wouldn't take the time To do that

You just restated a point that has already been brought up. I dont think that spammers would waste all of the time to post random linkless posts to get up to the min post level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom