Stuck at 166MHz on RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGELLIS

In Runtime
Hi all,

I am having problems with my Athlon 64, again, and now the RAM seems to be completely stuck at 166MHz, I try setting the divider to 2:1 (DDR400, 200MHz) and it just sits at DDR333/166MHz, I am completely at a loss as to what to do, I have tried alot, with changing values.

Is it time for a new PC as this one is getting old, or it it just a small problem that is just going to irritate me?

Thanks in advance

Ruan

well according to online sources it should support DDR400 (pc3200) ram.. a BIOS update might fix the problem but i shall not be held liable for any damage caused if things go wrong :p.

But you wont notice a huge improvement anyway, whats your bus speed running at ? are both sticks the same brand etc.

I am on the latest BIOS revision, and previously it was working correctly, I have reset the BIOS, reinstalled windows, and it is being read from the BIOS and CPU-z. I am beginning to think either the board or the CPU has had it, as the AMDs have an onboard Memory Controller, Its time to upgrade, but I have no money to :( Does anybody have any other ideas as to what it is?

Ruan

Right, update, I think the whole computer is pretty much DEAD! I have triedd almost everything to get it back up. When booting, hard drives often arent detected, the BIOS crashes, and windows often produces BSODs of "HARD ERROR" and after about 30 seconds, reboots. I have removed eah stick of RAM, with 1 in, it runs at 400MHz, but it will crash after about 5-10 minutes use, and do other od things, with 2 sticks of RAM, youre lucky if it gets past the POST. I havent enough money for a new computer, so I think I'm going to get a Pentium IV 478 and hav some fun overclocking it!

Any other ideas as to what the problem could be are welcome!

Ruan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom