Computer wont load after startup logo appears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis056

Beta member
Hello, I have a emachine w3052 and all of a sudden it just decides to stop working for me. Today i go and turn it on and all that comes up is the emachine logo and it doesn't go anywhere from there, doesn't load windows or anything. I haven't changed or touched anything so im wondering why would this just happen all of a sudden

Probably a bad boot sector or other startup windows file. Try to reboot hitting f8 keep hitting f8 till the menu comes up. Scroll up to last known good configuration and and hit enter. It will reboot and if your lucky fix it.

nope didnt work, it won't let me hit any keys, i start it up and get the emachine logo and an option to hit f2 for bios, and f10 for boot, I can't hit either of them it's like the screen is frozen

thank you for the reply

Are you hitting the f8 key as soon as you start the computer and keep hitting it? If so you may have a hardware problem. Are you getting any beeps when you start up? Try the f2 option and go into BIOS slect restore BIOS to defaults. and hit f10 to save abd then exit. Its worth a shot.

I have tired different power supply/hard drive/PSU. I do not get any beeps when i start up. When i start it up all the fans go on and everything seems to be working but it just wont load past the emachine logo. Im thinking it might be the motherboard. Thank you to all the replys so far

try clearing NVRAM. Splatoid, that wont work and not sure if you read into what he was saying. Understand what your saying, but it is not posting. One thing to try after the NVRAM (if it doesn't work) is by a bare minimum setting. Disconnect the floppy (if app), dvd/cdrom drive, basically have a bare minimum system (including periphs). If that doesn't work, disconnect the mouse and keyboard as well. Yes, I konw you need them but this will give a clue. See what happens, if at this point it comes up with a keyboard error, then it sounds like either a faulty kbd or the chipset is bad.

I've tried to start up with no keyboard and mouse but it dont load past the screen it just sits there so im thinking it is the motherboard anyone else think so?

Hmm, since your computer is not posting what-so-ever, try resetting your CMOS. Also try unplugging everything, CD-ROM, floppy, sound card, video card, even hard drive...if it boots up after that, start putting stuff back, starting with the hard drive. If it still locks up, its possible your CMOS might be corrupted..which is bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom