Need halp fast computer shuts off right after booting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
When ever I go to start my computer I hear this quiet high pitch whining and it doesn't even get to the xp logon screen before the power just quits but the power lights stay on.

Cpu's fine the fan still spinns fast while it's turned on. sometimes I can get it to work in safe mode or vga mode for longer

Possibly bad contact between CPU and heatsink? Ie. not enough thermal paste. Try PSU, as has been suggested.

I would try another power supply, But assuming you don't have an extra one. Try Posting with only the Minimum, CPU, RAM and Videocard, Then if that works. attach the HD and Boot, Continue to attach devices until it no longer works.
Now obviously you NEED to turn off your computer before attaching the next device.

If it doesn't even Post, with CPU, RAM, Video card then were looking at PSU, CPU, Motherboard or a RAM Problem.

ok I'm looking inside the computer right now, I have a new question, can a video card be black because I know usually curcuit bords are green but my video card is mostly black.

mikee said:
ok I'm looking inside the computer right now, I have a new question, can a video card be black because I know usually curcuit bords are green but my video card is mostly black.

Has your card always been black, or is this something new? If it looks like singe marks you might have a problem. However you must have had a video signal to get on TF and post, so your card is probably ok. Check your cards temps just to be safe

I got on using my old computer but everything's ok now I replaced the card with a better one and everything works now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom