Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is crazy. I just learned about this today on anothe forum but i already said that i would fold for them. :confused:

I just wanted to make sure, i dont have to be online too have this running do I? I dont have an always connected internet due too dial-up.

mac_mogul said:
I've had my iBook folding for quite a while, and its completed several wu's... but when i looked ont he F@H site today, on our team page under my username it doesn't even register the iBook as a processor. Its still stuck on from back when I completed 1 WU on my old iMac. Any ideas on how to fix this? It feels kinda dumb to have wasted like 7 WU's lol
Make sure that you're not Anonymous. Ensure that your username and team number (12864) are correct.

And no, thebleakness, you do not always have to be connected; only when you are originally downloading the WU and when you are transferring back the results.

umm i don't understand this. it doesnt show me on the TF team list, and i completed a WU, it has registered this on the F@H graphical interface, but i still have 0 points. are the WUs being uploaded properly? if the results are not getting to Stanford Uni, there is no point me doing this.

Did you get new instructions already? Give it some time to refresh and add your new WU too the team. It sometimes takes a couple days. Same thing happened to me.

how do you add it to the team? i just put my username in and the team number, and left it going, and yes, i have a new WU to do already. OK, i will wait a few days and post again if it still doesnt work.

EDIT: it worked now, see look, i'm 52nd on the team. :) fun fun.

I've got my Sempron system folding now, instead of the family's Athlon XP.
the Sempron is great, and will run stably at 100% load for days straight

however I do not always get a connection to the internet. I have cable, which is connected to my wireless router, but it only connects when it decides to kinda.
right now, I have finished another WU, but I can't send it, because the thing won't connect to the router.

I had the same problem for awhile. I was on dial up because my wireless refused to work so when i tried to send in new results it would time out and disconnect. It would take an hour or so just to connect and recieve new instructions and on dial-up, that isnt good, takes up the phone line. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom