Most important components -[Rate]-

Status
Not open for further replies.
cyrax said:
Just don't download too many ripped movies or pr0n. :p

Am only 13 :( lol ... anyways am getting a "Soparano" case and it has an included 430 watt PSU, Would that suppory my Dual core GF 8 etc.?

I can't seem to find 2GB mermory for under $300 AUD :( ...Can anyone find me the cheapest 2GB sticks of Memory please? thanks

You know what, :cool:, am going to copy your rig cyrax and if it's under $2500 wow, am going to use it :p... Am serious :beard:

Okie, lets make things simple.

For a gamer, in order of importance:
Graphic Card
RAM
CPU
PSU

On the other hand, this list is useless. Any of those that is bad will draw back your system. Therefore, these 4 will need to be quite equal in terms of specification.

For a demanding game to be run, you need enough processing power. However, you dont need a top of the line processor to run most games now. A Single core 4000+ or a Dual core 3800+ will do the job now. Even if you increase the CPU to a FX 60, the difference will be trivial.

Also, you need decent graphic card and decent RAM. For most games now, 2gb of RAM is enough. 1GB of good RAM can be alright, but only if you Overclocks them.

The thing that people spends most money on is the graphic card, and gamers they change their graphic card almost every 3 months (but not CPU or RAM). The money that you are going to spend on your graphic card depends on you budget, your other system components and your screen. No need for superb graphic card when you run it on a 15'' screen. On the other hand, you do need a good one.

For PSU, it supplies power to your whole system, therefore you need a strong and stable PSU. A cheap PSU can damage you system, which might cost you some 1000$ in a second. So be aware. If you really want to game seriously, you need more than 500 W power. 430 W can be fine, given that you dont have too many drives, huge cooling system, and of couse you are running a single graphic card. To run SLI, for example, a 480W PSU is the minimum requirement.

Other than that, a good mobo is needed as well. Good mobo can help you to overclock easier, and more importantly, to upgrade in the future. A non PCI _E mobo, for example, will mean that you cand install a PCI-E graphic card, meaning that you are unlikely to run games in 1-2 years's time with satisfactory resolutions.

Nitestick and Tyler, he didn't ask for YOUR prioroties, he asked for A GAMER's priorities.

Basically, when you're building a gaming PC, build it around the videocard. Don't just build a system and then but a videocard with the spare change that you have left. It won't matter if you got a FX-60 then.

Gamers priorities IMO

1) Mouse
2) Monitor
3) Graphics card
4) Memory
5) Mobo
6) CPU
7) HDD

MrCoffee said:
Gamers priorities IMO

1) Mouse
2) Monitor
3) Graphics card
4) Memory
5) Mobo
6) CPU
7) HDD

So you would spend $100 on a mouse, $400 on a monitor, and eventually $100 on the CPU? A little off, I think.

MrCoffee said:
Gamers priorities IMO

1) Mouse
2) Monitor
3) Graphics card
4) Memory
5) Mobo
6) CPU
7) HDD

Good try, but as green said, A little off. And thanks alot Mystic thats a great small guide :). Am thiking of a X2 4400+... Or should i downgrade it to a 3800+ [I don't think ill be upgrading the CPU ...] Then i'll think am going to upgrade the RAM to 2GB. I guess the PSU is ok.

Samsung 19" 4ms ...., Am pretty sure the A8N-SLi is ok?.. But i see most people with this DFI LanParty mobo. I'll check out your site nitestick thanks for it :)

Well I wasn't thinking amounts of money but rather quality of component.
Though I agree its probably a bit off.

MrCoffee said:
Well I wasn't thinking amounts of money but rather quality of component.
Though I agree its probably a bit off.

Am not saying your a idiot or something ;), But just a bit off. Sorry if i did :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom