perfect connection low or no speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunadan1821

Baseband Member
Ok guys Im at a loss and would love any help. So heres the problem. The internet here is from direcway satellite coming in to the satellite modem. It leave via ethernet and goes to a linksys wireless g router. I then have it hardwired eithernet to a desktop and am using the wireless signal for my laptop. The connection says it is perfect on both the wired and the wireless connections all the time. The problem is that even tho it is saying I have an excellent connection, somtimes it wont load pages or connect to aim or to limewire. Sometimes with limewire it will connect all the way and then lose the download speed and connectioin after awhile even the the computer says it still has a great internet connection. I tried using a hard ethernet wire on my laptop to see if it made and difference and no it didnt. I still had the same problem. I have no idea on what could be causing this and would really use some input. Thanks to all in advance even if you just read my question. Peace Dan

Heres somthing else interesting. So far all day I could not get online even though it said of course it had a great connection. I took the internet cable out of the router and put it in my laptop, bypassing the router. Now it is working so it must be somthing with the router. But that doesnt make much sense because the router is brand new, like 4 days or so...

Can you download alright, then it quits or goes slow? Remember Direcway has a 168 MB per day download limit cap, then they reduce you to dial-up speed.

The only thing I changed is set the channel to 11 from 6 to try and make a difference. Umm That is interesting about the limit. At first when I had gotten this network set up it would stay connected longer and I could download quite a bit but like all day today I have not been able to load pages and limwire was going like 4-5 k total. If there is some limit cap thats ****ed up. I am getting so frusterated with this problem. What the computer is telling me about the connection and what it is doing is so very different for no apparent reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom