Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanch3

Daemon Poster
Hey,

just wondering..is it possible to have 3 hard drives ?? cause there is only 2 IDE slots on my Mobo...if so what do i need to run 3 hard drives ??

thanks for the help :)

You can have as many hard drives as there are spaces :). For every IDE connector, you can have 2 devices. One is the master the other, the slave. So 2 IDE = 4 hard drives or 3 hard drives + CD, etc. You can also have 1 per SATA connector.

hmm well i got 2 cd devices and 2 hard drives...

so i cant have any more hard drives on IDE can i ?

only SATA

Guess so, do you need more room or something. BTW you can get a cd and dvd drive in one, but im not sure if they still have two ide cables going into them. Cos then u could have 3 hard drives.

i have 1x dvd rom + cd/rw writer combo
1x dvd burner
2x hard drives (1x120gb 1x80gb)

and i just wanted to add a spare one sitting in my room doing nothing...its a 60gb western digital

Oh ok well i guess you would have to keep it like that then unless you got an external drive. BTW you would be squeezing them in pretty tight it could get pretty hot in there and you might fry one of your hard drives.

ok thnx for the help...guess i could just try n sell the hard drive n put the money towards a new graphics card :)

-=edit=-

the case can fit 3 hard drives...i just dont have enough IDE slots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom