Need help buying a laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zar786

Beta member
This is going to be my first laptop purchase, so i'm not an expert and looking for some advice. I looked through major laptop
manufacturer sites and found the ACER Aspire 1353XV to be good value available at under £600. However i can't find any reviews for the product, so not sure of the quality, would paying a bit extra and going for a more reliable brand like dell or compaq be better? It does come with a one year on site warranty.

I'll be using the laptop mainly for the internet and multimedia and later on for my studies, i will also want to use wireless networking to connect it to my desktop pc, being able to connect it to a TV is also essential, the above mentioned acer laptop has a TV-Out but hasn't got wi-fi, so would have to purchase a network card and wireless access point.

All help much appreciated :)

Go with the best warrenty. Dells are alright, but they can be a pain to return if there is a problem. HP/Compaq are alright too.

I suggest going to your local electronics store, finding the features you want and buying it there with the extended warrenty. it'll add more to the price, but you can usually bring it back if there are ANY problems.

For the reviews, you ought to try cnet.com
They usually review a fair amount of hardware, software, gaming systems, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom