SLI/Crossfire: The cold hard truth

Which case is the best all around case?

• Cooler Master Centurion 5 case w/ window.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NZXT Trinity case.

• Antec super lanboy

• My case is better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
kahlos said:
Make that 4. Very good info:D I totally agree with eveything except the Nivida system having more RAM. And that you didn't get a X1800XT to compare to the 7800GTX.

make that 5 so people know what they are wasting their money on :)

And that you didn't get a X1800XT to compare to the 7800GTX.
I didn't write this to compare or to suggest whether crossfire or SLI is better, as that would turn into another silly company rivalry topic that accomplishes nothing. I wrote this to compare Crossfire and SLI performance to that of simply running a single card

I didn't compare the 7800GTX to the x1800XT for a number of reasons. I first don't believe that ATI has manufactured master cards for their newest generation of cards therefore crossfire using x1*** cards is impossible at this point. Furthermore, I wanted to use last generation cards because they have had plenty of time to be optimized with many driver patches, and also the fact that ATI has still yet to release the r580 core. Comparing current generation cards is not fair IMO as we are still in the current generation and both companies probably still have much to offer

Also, for correct benchmarks they should use the same hardware for each system. (Excluding the motherboards which should both be put out by DFI)
Like I say I'm not comparing the two companies so the variable of having different RAM amounts shouldn't be a big issue, however I will look for a better comparison from a reputable site. The chances of finding a review done on a DFI board is slim to none, Asus boards are almost always used in every review unless the review itself is specifically about a different motherboard. The motherboard shouldn't make a difference though

PZEROFGH said:
make that 5 so people know what they are wasting their money on :)
Lol PZEROFGH :D
As far as I know the X1xxx series don't need mastercards they just work with each other. I think they have the components that a crossfire mastercard has on it as the norm. I see what you mean with the comparing thing so i take back what a previously said. Sorry :eek:

kahlos said:
Lol PZEROFGH :D
As far as I know the X1xxx series don't need mastercards they just work with each other. I think they have the components that a crossfire mastercard has on it as the norm. I see what you mean with the comparing thing so i take back what a previously said. Sorry :eek:

:D :amazed: :shocked: :confused: what? ?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom