No Sound!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riceball

Daemon Poster
hey guys i just bought a new Thermaltake Tsunami case and i put all of my parts inside it. everything seems to be fine except my sound. i have none. my speakers are plugged in and connected to the motherboard (integrated sound) and for some reason nothing comes out of my speakers. i've tried differenct holes in my motherboard but still nothing comes out. if anybody can help me i'd really appreciate it.

MSI-RS480M-IL that's my mobo, but the problem is, i had a case before this and my sound was working fine. all i did was switch cases and PSU's. so i'm really not sure what's going on. yea i'm sure i have integrated. my friend just gave me a really old sound card called Sound Blaster Live! i dont have the drivers though, do you think i can get them online?

did you connect the internal sound headers to the case? if so make sure it's properly connected, If you did not connect them to the case, you have to jumper over the right and left channel I beleive to get sound to work again. I learned this when I upgraded to my Thermaltake Armor.. I accidentally unpluged one of the internal headers for the external audio jack on the case. and that caused the sound out of the back to stop too..

I had a hard time installing the soundblaster live aswell, so it may just be an issue of the drivers. I had to manually go into the setup and configure it myself
some of the worst spent hours in my day

I'm willing to bet it's the jumpers.. chances are his old case had external audio, and his new one doesn't .. or vise versa.

and it diddn't get set up right.

hhmm i've looked around for these jumpers but i'm not sure what they look like. are they small and do they connect through little pins on my mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom