Standby/Hibernate

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
System: A8N-SLI, BIOS rev 1013 AMD 4000+, 2GB PC3200 RAM, Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, nVidia 6800GT and OS is XPpro/SP2 fully updated.

1. Control Panel/Power does not provide the option for sleep button to Hibernate,
2. I can Hibernate from Task Manager but as I am connected to the ordinary phone for FAX purposes I find that the comuter comes out of Hibernation/Standby as expected but it locks up and computer has to be turned off by Power button and re-booted.

If you leave it in this state after 30 minutes or so I get a blue screen with note that the computer has shut down to protect it.
It has the following message:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Stop: 0x0000000A (0x00A3F96C, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x805062A9)

Beginning dump of physical memory

I just am not competent enough to know what this means or how to rectify. Help

Thank you. I had looked at this site, and went through the process of updating my BIOS from version 1008 to 1013.

This involved massive disturbance and, in the end I re-installed from scratch on both of my drives.

I have used sfc /scanow but I am reluctant to use Windows repair as I am not convinced I have an error as the same problem exists on both drives

The site does not explain what is meant by IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL nor is there any way of identifying the maverick program from the identifiers at Stop: ..........

I would add that many of the software XP repair utilities, registry and other, cause difficulties because there is no way of restricting their scans to the drive on which the software is installed. And I cannot get help unless I purchase the software.

ok, so you are waking up the machine by dialing into it? is that correct? Also, check to see if there are any conflicts with the system information program. Look under hardware-conflict\sharing and Components-Problem Devices.

Might give you some information there... I would suspect that you are generating a conflict between the modem and something else on the machine due to IRQ conflicts, but I don't know for sure.

Good luck

Yes, as I use fax (sometimes) the system wakes from standby/hibernate to take and print the fax message.

My problem is that I just don't understand what is:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I can find IRQ 1 to 22 but what is IRQL please

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_pobw.asp

Interrupt request level (IRQL). An internal priority level table used by the kernel to manage interrupt sources, such as hardware or software. Software interrupts are assigned the lowest priorities with hardware interrupt levels assigned higher priorities by the hardware abstraction table (HAL). Only kernel mode threads can change IRQLs.

Does that help you resolve the problem?

Not sure, but what does IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL mean? Not less or equal to what? How do I get to the Kernel mode and can it be changed safely anyway?

You can not get to the Kernal. This is windows, it's a secret... ;)

The problem needs to be troubleshot from the hardware/software side. It's related to a driver error/conflict with your software. once you track down the problem, it's ussually a simple fix.

This is what your error means...
0x0000000A (0x00A3F96C, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x805062A9)

• 0x00A3F96C - An address that was referenced incorrectly.
• 0x00000002 - An IRQL that was required to access the memory.
• 0x00000000 - The type of access, where 0 is a read operation and 1 is a write operation.
• 0x805062A9 - The address of the instruction that referenced memory in parameter 1.
so basically a read operation by IRQL #2 using instruction address 0x805062A9 was given a bad address (0x00A3F96C) to the memory location. meaning the return value was not less than or equal to the expected return.

Look for updated drivers on the Hardware and the system. Look everywhere for them. The modem is what I'm suspecting, and the Wake on Ring function that you are using is where I would start.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom