faster computer make internet faster, same connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernw390

Beta member
I am getting a new VAIO, much better than my current emachines...however, i will be keepin gthe same internet connection. Will the newer, faster, more powerful computer make the web pages load faster, or will it be the same? please help!

Internet connection is effected from several things.
The computer specifications.
The OS status - is it maintenance or is it neglected
The internet connection - the wider the better...
And last but not least - the website you are surfing to - if the website located far from you, and has to go through many gateways on the way, this could slow down the surfing speed.

If you are on dial-up, there will be no increase in speed whatsoever. A 28.8K AOL connection will be exactly the same on a 90MHz Pentium 1 as it will a 3GHz Pentium 4. Also, spyware and adware can slow down your connection as well, whether you have dialup or broadband.

ill disagree with bee here...
my old p.o.s. comp was getting a 42.2 kbps connection..
my new and better comp is getting a 19.2 kbps connection and loads pages faster...

guys, internet connection has nothing to do with computer spead, only the NIC. The difference you WILL see though is the speed it takes to OPEN up the browser, minimise it, and stuff like that, but the actual data transfer rate should be the same speed unless the NIC you had was old and crappy, and not setup well with the OS.

My internet connection is exactly the same on my pc in my sig, and on a 300 mgz laptop POS, both using 100 mb/s nics.

idk.. i did have a crap load of trojans (like.. 60 or 70) on that comp.. i guess that was it.. and all the popups... omg.. it was insane...

I would really have to agree with U-Toast on this, Your computer Speed has Nothing to do with your internet. Your Nic will effect it though. If your drivers are properly installed and if it is a 10/100 or a gig NIC then you will see the difference. Your computer will make software run smoother though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom