AMD 3700 or 4000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryOGG

In Runtime
well i almost hav enough money to build my new gaming system but it seems my budget is growing due to a few amazing deals im getting from 1 of my dad's coworkers. i was just wondering, is it worth paying the extra cash nd getting a 4000 or shuld i just stick with a 3700 (both san diego cores). my main concern is that the 3700 may cause a bottleneck for the 7800GTX im getting. how much of a difference wuld the 4000 make over the 3700 in terms of game performance and gfx bottleneck?

unless you are playing eq2 with super high settings it will never use enough speed to bottleneck, whether you are using a 3000+, 3700+, or 4000+. And besides, if it DOES bottleneck, just buy the 3700 and OC it to 4000 specs. :p

AMD CPUs always overclock very well. Here is the fact: Yes, the 4000+ is more powerful, but the difference is only seen in benchmarks. Hell, the difference between the 4000+ and the 3200+ is only seen in benchmarks. Go with the 3700

I could feel the difference between a 4000+ and a 3200+ it's a large enough gap

However both the 3700+ and 4000+ are very powerful, and will overclock to the same.

Save some cash and go for the 3700+

I agree. You're not going to notice a difference in gameplay. So often, the graphics card is the bottleneck to gaming systems, and if you're buying a 7800GTX, then I'm not seeing any bottlenecks anywhere. The 3700 can keep up with any graphics card you throw at it right now. Games won't be using that much processing power for some time to come.

Ryan

ok thnx evry1, i guess ill go with the 3700+ then. too bad i hav enough money to start building but im going on vacation next weekend :) / :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom