Help Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Narcissist

Baseband Member
Hey,

A few weeks ago, I was thnking about buying a DVD Writer, so 2 days ago, I went out to Scan (UK shop, if this is an American board), and bough an NEC ND3540A.

I tried fitting it, but I am useless on computers, so today we took in back to Scan, and they fixed it for us.

So, I got back home, downloaded Nero (?), and tried to burn a video.

However, whenever I do try to burn the video, I egt this:

"Sorry your compilation cannot be written to this type of disc. Please insert a disc of the correct type or modify the setings of your compilation to make it compatiable with the current disc

Disc required for the compilation: CD-R/RW

Disc type in the recorder: DVD-R"

If I am trying to burn a video, why would it say I need a CD-R/RW?

Basically, does anyone know how I can start to burn videos?

Thanks

I think that may be where I'm going wrong, as I have always clicked that lol

Sorry, I'm a noob. I'll be spending the next 3 hours just look how to find where the DVD thing is lol

Thanks

Sorry for this, but I have checked through, and I can't see where. Can anyone point out how to change it to burn DVD not video CD?

Thanks

(sorry about being a pest)

Nah, not being a pest.

Are you using the burning wizard or the "advanced" burning menu? The wizard is the one where you pick choices and click next. With that information, we can better help you....help us, help you. =D

Seeing as I don't know a lot about computers,I'll go throuhg it like this. If it's no help, I'll have another go.

1. Put my DVD in.

2. When 2CD Drive (D:), comes up I click 'X', simply because, when I used to burn CD's, WinAMP didn't show, up so I clicked 'X'. then clicked my desktop shortcut. Suppose it's stuck from there lol.

3. Double click 'Nero StartSmart'.

4. Quite a small box opens, which basically asks what you want to do.

Favourites
Make Data CD
Make Data DVD
Make Audio CD
Make Video CD
Copy CD
Copy DVD

At the top of the little box, there is also 'Data', 'Audio', 'Photo And Video', 'Copy And Backup', and 'Extras'.

I usually clicked on 'Photo and Video', and then Make A Super Video CD.

5. This loads up another seperate window, which has 3 columns. On the left , is basically what you are going to be burning, the middle is the file browser, and the right, opens that folder for you to choose the file.

6. I find my .avi file, from the right column, and drag it into the left column.

7. A window opens, which says my .avi file, is being added.

8. I highlight the file, by clicking on it, and then click "Burns The Current Compliation", at the top.

9. Another window opens saying

Action
Determine Maximum Speed" (Box Unchecked)
Simulation (Box Unchecked)
Write (Box Checked)
Finalize CD (No Further Writing Possible!)

Write Speed: Maximum
Write Method: Disk At Once
Number Of Copies: 1

(Also at the top, there is other tabs, that say "Video CD", "Menu", "ISO", "Label", "Dates", "Misc", and of course "Burn")

I then click Burn (Not a tab, but an action, to start burning)

From there it burns the file, the DVD comes out, and I then get the error message just like before.

Hopefully this will help more. Please reply if you need anything else.

Thanks

Ok, right after step 3, you will see a red arrow at the top of the program. Click that arrow and select DVD. Try that, let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom