Geforce fx5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garran

Beta member
I have been to several forums to try and get info on how to make my fx5200 work with windows xp. I got the same advice every where and followed it to no avail.So if anyone has had sucess running games with this card and o/s i would love to hear from them. When I start the games, such as call of duty or half life 2, i get a black screen but i can hear the music running and the task manager says that the program is running. As I said I have tried every fix offered in multiple forums with no sucess so please anyone that got this card to work i woulg greatly appreciate you insight. Thanks

Hey there,

Before I start, I'm not a computer whiz, and was actually on this forum to get advice myself, but no-one seems to want to help me!

I have an Advent Computer, 3418, which has the GeForce FX5200 256mb, and I run Windows XP Home.

I have to say, I think the card is brill, you can put graphic detail to the highest on most games, and it runs as sweet as anything.

I don't know how to advise you to get your's to work, other than to visit;

http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/layout.aspx?ID={825d6761-84b8-472e-ad9a-b5aea0ccb6b1}&CatID={daf108e8-d505-4df8-bc02-ec4405d22aef}

I can download the drivers for my graphics card here, I don't know if they will work for you!??!

Let me know how you get on, and if anyone reading this wants to help me with my problem, I will be very grateful, lol!!!

The FX 5200 isnt all that great of a peformer

If you installed the proper drivers, and its giving you constant black screens in 3d mode, I think the card is most likely broken. I would test it in another system, than replace it.

I think the card is not broken it will run properly in windows ME also it is the 128 meg version of the card

doesn't it preform 3d applications differently than 2d applications? maybe part of the card is broken. perhaps it's only supporting 2d applications now?

Ryan

I have one of those cards at home. it's not the greatest for gaming though. I never tried the drivers that XP installs with games though. I used the Omega drivers as soon as I installed it and I ran CS:S with it.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom