my computer is possessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

javakills

Beta member
ok. here's the long, drawn out story.

my tower stopped working not too long ago for no apparent reason. i just turned it on one day and it didnt boot properly. i had installed windows service pack 2 (i know, i know horrible mistake) and it was running fine for a month or two, but then my computer would randomly restart at different times. so...

i tried to reformat the drive.

problem: it would get to the end of the format and then reset and not finish the format.

and then...

i replaced each of these items and tested them individually: power supply, ram, ide cables, hard drive, ram, video card, mother board.

problem: after putting everything back in the machine, my computer wouldnt even turn on. when i hit the power button, the pc beeps like if there was no ram in the machine. (but of course there is)

my thought is the processor is bad, since that's the only part i havent replaced, but i've looked at it and there's no damage to the processor.

i don't know what the hell's going on. even holy water isn't helping.

any thoughts on the issue comerads?

What are the beep combination and BIOS.

Have you checked you plugged everything in, like GPU power.

gonna have to wait till i get home to get the beep combination. don't know what the default BIOS version is on that thing. the mother board is old as hell.

yea all the connections are solid. i've even swapped out cables. it is the strangest thing i've ever seen. it's baffled 2 of my techie friends, so i'm hoping someone with a similar experience can shed some light. when i get home, i'll post up the machine specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom