nVidia GeForce2 MX/MX400 Help A.S.A.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

nVidiaUser88

Beta member
Ever since I installed my nVidia GeForce2 MX/MX400 Card on my WIN98SE Comp, I have been experienceing major display problems. When computer is powered-on, screen only displays differnt coloured boxes. After approximately 7-10 restarts, it eventully displays some text and graphic. I can usually get windows to load after many more restarts, but almost always freezes. I have no idea what could be the problem or what...The last card that was in this computer worked fine. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Kyle.

Did you completely removed the old video card driver.
Depending on the brand or model of the board, there are several ways to do this.
1. Install your old card and follow the instructions on this link.

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/html/tutorials/tutorial.php/id/12

Note that if you do not have the drivers for your card, you should get them from NVIDIA's download section before installing your new card.

Then, install your new card and double-click on the auto-setup for the driver you just downloaded and follow the prompts.

I Had similar issues when I installed my first Nvidia card, I was running a Voodoo3 3000 video and I hadn't deleted all the files pertaining to the Card even though I had done the Un-Install procedure properly. Windows left some files & Registry links that was trying to run the Voodoo software & hogging resources with Nvidia. Anyway I just went into search and typed in "voodoo" and it came back with about 20 files. Deleted em all & was soon blasting away on Descent3 on my new Nvidia card!!:cool:

Thanks for the help, I got it working perfect.
It was a mixture of a couple of differnt problems. The first problem was how the card wasn't seated exactly flat in the AGP slots which didn't make a correct connection.
Updateing my AGP Slot drivers made a differce. And the final problem now solved was deleteing ALL the old drivers from the last existing card. Works great now.

Thanks all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom