Please help Serial ATA HDD and new system

Status
Not open for further replies.
im newb but this thing happened to me once, when instaling xp.. it wouldn't boot up, it would start the installation all over again. i check bios and changed teh 1st boot device.. did ya try it?

right click the cd in my computer and choose open. It is using the auotrun which does a check on the mobo.

Ok got that. I started windows pushed F6 it installed the drivers off of the floppy and I couldn't believe it but it detected my hard drive and started installing windows but now after the first reboot when it is getting ready to boot from the hdd it will say" verifying DMI pool" then the screen will go black and not do anything. This thing is driving me crazy!!!!

ok take the hard drive out and hit really really hard with a sledge hammer, then put it back in and see if it still spins * :p It will make you feel sooo much better.

*I AM JOKING DO NOT DO THAT!*

I wonder if you have a bad harddrive. Does the bios detect it correctly?

If so I would suggest you remove any other devices from that connector if there are and make sure this drive is plugged into one end and the other is right into the mother board.

Next I would use setup to delete all the partitions on the drive and then create a partition format it ntfs and try again. Don't go over (what is the old dos limit 8gb?) for the OS drive. If it works then you can try increasing it later with partition magic or something.

My friend had the exact same problem. He got around it by installing windows with his HD connected with IDE. Then once it was done he connected it with SATA and it worked fine. This is probably a last resort and easy way out but yeah..If you need to then try it.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom