Graphic Card Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajete

In Runtime
I just bought the Sims 2 for PC and was very excited about playing it. When i got home I started reading the requirements.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
-------------------
* 800 MHz processor
* 256 MB RAM
* Windows(R) XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000 Operating System.
* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space
* A T&L-capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM.

I have a Pentium Processor 4, 700something RAM... I forget.. Windows XP, 160GB drive...... and I think whats making my game EXTREMLY slow is the video card... I assume you believe thats what it is also. It has to be... Common sense... I don't think i have a good graphic card anyways.... So my question is....

Can I still add a Graphics Card to my Computer even if it has a Graphic card already integrated into the motherboard?

Well your processor(CPU) might be too slow. Do you know how fast it is. And if you are intersted i can sell you a decent video card that can run sims and other games real well.

Stupid said:
Well your processor(CPU) might be too slow. Do you know how fast it is. And if you are intersted i can sell you a decent video card that can run sims and other games real well.

Well... My proscessor is 1514MHz....

Is that too slow?

Thats fine. All you need to to is to get a card install it and disable your on-board video, and your set.

stupid is wrong (duh...he's stupid :D) jk

he said Pentium 4 processor, 700 or something ram

any pentium4 processor is enough to run sims 2; in addition he has 768mb ram, not a 700mhz or so P4

diabloII said:
stupid is wrong (duh...he's stupid :D) jk

he said Pentium 4 processor, 700 or something ram

any pentium4 processor is enough to run sims 2; in addition he has 768mb ram, not a 700mhz or so P4

So its my graphics card ****ing my game up huh? I thinkin about just buying the best and newest asus graphic cards out there.... Will any model work with my comp? or does it have to be same brand as my motherboard.

Yeah thats what i meant. i knew 700 was ram. But if you want sims and high settings u need at least 1.2 ghz.

Dont buy the best card out there because you CPU will be bottleneckng it. Get like 6600 gt, 9800 pro, x800 pro... something like that. Like I said i can sell you my 9800 pro for 90-100. It will run sims real well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom