Pic of Running Dual GPU 6800Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
?? that's a pretty dumb thing to say....this IS basically SLI dude....not only will a dual GPU work in EVERY game compared to SLI not working in it....it'll also be significantly less in price.

Why the HELL would you need two of those huge ass cards to run in SLI?

Yes, but whats the point of having 2 gpus on 1 card if you cant link 2 cards together for 4x processors?

Thats like... Inventing dual cores but then saying that they wont release the opteron version of dual cores and that you cant use 2 dual cores in a system..

The reason is because i can afford it.. So i want it =)

thats like.....$1400 for two of those cards...

Yes, but whats the point of having 2 gpus on 1 card if you cant link 2 cards together for 4x processors?
What kind of question is that........the whole point of two GPUs is for ultimate compatibility and cheaper price without having to actually buy and deal with two seperate cards.

Two of those wouldn't fit in any current machine anyway because you know the heatsinks will be huge.

EDIT:

Thats like... Inventing dual cores but then saying that they wont release the opteron version of dual cores and that you cant use 2 dual cores in a system..
You got some weird method of thinking dude.....that's nothing like that....the whole point of dual GPU is to rid of having the need for two seperate cards.

dual cored CPUs are FAR different from dual GPUs which are single core....your method of thinking is closer to saying "its stupid you cant run to CPUs in a motherboard with one socket"

i remember someone saying that soon its not going to be a graphics card, but a graphics box. this card has just made it closer to that point. that thing must be a monster.

I guess the point is... Is that nvidia made a huge deal about SLI and 2 video cards (SLI systems being top of the line and the money makers) but they invent a huge ass card and then alienate their die hard customers by not creating an SLI version. The people who would go and spend 1400$ on 2 video cards are the same people that tell lower end users what they should and should not buy.

If they start making dual gpu cards then programmers wont code for SLI because they would assume people would go buy a dual gpu card.. So, why did i go and spend 700$ on 2 video cards and an extra 25-50$ for an sli motherboard?

Not all programs will support SMP.. but they will support dual cores, its exactly the same thing. This was a bigger issue back in the dual pentium pro days (when SMP was first getting started). But they kept making dual proc machines so coders were forced into coding for SMP. If nvidia quits with SLI now then i won't ever get to use my second card to its full potential...

I remember getting pretty irritated when quake 1 wouldnt use both processors on my dual ppro 180

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom