My nvidia GF 5700LE... HALP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mus

Beta member
I have this GF 5700LE that i have been using for more than a year. Lately, sumthin odd started happening. The color displayed on the screen started becoming yellow. For example, as i am typing this i don't see a white background as i should, but more like a cream yellow hue. So far this is what i've tried....

(i) Fiddle around with the color in the nvidia color correction, but didnt do zip.

(ii) Try installing a different driver.... no change.

(iii) Taking the card out, and putting it back in.... same, no change.

(iv) Trying it out on another pc.... yep, no change.

Ive asked around and all the advice i got was to send it back to the dealer. I know this is my last option already, but i was jus wonderin if there is anything that i can do to fix or tweak? Please,, if i were to send it back to the dealer, id have to go a long way, which would cost me roughly the price of buying another 5700. I would really appreciate any comments or ways of fixing this. I cant really afford to buy a new one, cuz its jus expensive from where i am. Any help would really be appreciated.

Anyways, my sys specs are as follows:

AMD 64 2800
Msi GF 5700 LE with latest driver 71.84 :(
1024 pc3200 ddr ram
Sound blaster Live 5.1
Phoenix BIOS 6.0
Direct x 9.0c
Windows XP Home (SP2)
Cooler Master Stacker Casing

Again, id be very thankful for any thoughts and ideas on this one. :D

I had the exact same problem on a 440 as you last week. The card needed a new heatsink, so I modded a SLOT 1 pentium cooler onto the card.

I think I zapped it with static in the processor

End of story, card was shot, nothing fixed it.

Return your 5700LE, and be happy your problem didnt happen to a good card :)

:( Oh well. Was worth a try. Guess ill jus scrap more money and get me a new card. Sad tho. Didnt use it for very long, then this hadta happen.

And yeah, i did try it on a pc with a diff monitor. No luck there. Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom