Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. America

• Somewhere else

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
considering it allows you to essentially have double the processing power cheap, cheaper than going the dual processor route,probably faster too, less latency issues between processors and memory

Im wondering what winblows response time to this will be LOL, took em what about a year to make a 64bit kernel for XP?

question for windows geeks, does windows even support SMP at this time?

horndude said:
considering it allows you to essentially have double the processing power cheap, cheaper than going the dual processor route,probably faster too, less latency issues between processors and memory

Im wondering what winblows response time to this will be LOL, took em what about a year to make a 64bit kernel for XP?

question for windows geeks, does windows even support SMP at this time?
SMP for Linsux and Windows
Windows supports SMP. (SMP has been supported in Windows since NT.)

ya I just checked, as of now XP pro supports SMP, but only 2 processors,any other XP edition does not

That would be because only the Pro edition is meant for stuff like this. XPME and XP-Home aren't meant for people messing around with SMP or MPPUs.

Well, first of all, AMD stated that the FX series of processors will still remain their top of the line cores, therefore you can reach the conclusion that the Toledo core will cost less than the Sledgehammer (?) cores.

Also, based on it's near identical specifications to the 4000+, however, it's more efficent and cost effective 90nm process, it should come out cheaper than the 4000+.

Basing my estimate on the leaked benchmarks that came out a while ago, which show the Toledo outperforming the 3800+ but still being outdone by the 4000+, I'm taking a guess and suggesting that the price of the Toledo will be about the same price as the 3800+ is right now, pending its release date. $300-500 is my guess.

I'm curious, based on the fact that it is two cores, can you overclock one core yet keep the other core stock speeds, or adjust them to run at seperate speeds. That'd be pretty cool in my opinion.

I think they will share memory and FSB speed, so I doubt individual clock rates will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom