The most DIY thing youve ever done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky9

Baseband Member
i was needing a cd-rw drive real bad. well, i figured my parents never used it, i might as well transfer it. one problem : its white. or, it was white. i took a permanent marker to it. the only way you can tell it doesnt actually belong is if you are a distance closer than about 3 feet. plus, i had to go over the 48x16x48 thing, and the little disc label. other than that, it looks pretty good. ill post pics if i can

I needed black and the one i had was white. I also had a black drive that was dead so i replaced the face cover on it.

If you want to change the colour of an optical drive etc & want it to look like it's supposed to be that colour & NOT like it's been coloured in with a felt tip pen......
1. eject the tray & cut power to system so tray stays ejected.
2. slide off/unclip the plastic cover that attaches to the end of the tray.
3. disconnect drive & pop front of drive off
4. rub over plastic cover with 1200 grade wet-&-dry then wash in soapy water, rinse & dry thoroughly
5. Spray to desired colour using car spray paint or other aerosol non-water based paint.

shawn has the case i want. Kill him.

Most DIY thing ive done is reassemble a 486 after my boss used it. Nasty.

Im being serious too.

Modding my slot machine to accept/discharge quarters.
The damn thing only tooks tokens, so I opened the damn thing up and screwed around with some gears and other parts. Inside of a slot machine is kinda like a computer

most DIY things I have done
-Build PC
-Make basic electronic circuts

Their's alot more I cant think of now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom