Is my power supply good enough for what i need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDtoLINE

Solid State Member
Last week i bought a LOGISYS case, and i am ready to start setting up my computer...you can see all the specs of what i will be powering in my signature, but i am not sure if this power supply is good or not, because i know NOTHING about power...

http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/11-148-028-12.JPG

Now when i plug the case in and flip the power switch in the back, i can hear a very faint buzzing sound, like a bee, nothing big, you can only hear it when you put your ear against the computer, but i just want to know if it is supposed to do that, or because it is brand new...

HELL NO

that power supply is soo crappy i can't even begin describing it

don't even turn on ur comp with that psu or something might fry

diabloII said:
HELL NO

that power supply is soo crappy i can't even begin describing it

don't even turn on ur comp with that psu or something might fry
then what would you suggest?

Should be...the PSU has 2 fans on it. However, id wait for someone else to reply, im not really a cooling expert.

as long as you're not OCing, you're fine (in the cooling department)

the true 550 will work; ocz modstream 520 is nice as well, and if you have the money, get a PCP&C 510

diabloII said:
as long as you're not OCing, you're fine (in the cooling department)

the true 550 will work; ocz modstream 520 is nice as well, and if you have the money, get a PCP&C 510
i have never heard of any of these companys...all i have heard are aerocool and thermaltake >_<

let's see, you have an Athlon 64 FX-55, and an X850 XT PE
both will guzzle a lot of power, so I would suggest at least 500W
as said before the Antec 550W is a good PSU, or the Ultra X-Connect (which you can remove the connectors you're not using from the PSU) or the Enermax Noisetaker 600W

REDtoLINE said:
i have never heard of any of these companys...all i have heard are aerocool and thermaltake >_<

those are the best brands for psu along with thermaltake, aerocool is crap

the poster above gave good suggestions except don't go with ultra because my friend had one and it sucks (he had an ultra x-finity 600w) and some users had ultras that died on them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom