Overheating CPU but then again maybe not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel shows the thermal spec at 67.7 C the thing is I dont know if that is the normal operating or the max....based on the fact that the 775's run so close to their thermal limits I would guess that that is their spec for it although I wouldnt recommend running it that high if you can help it.

I ran WoW for about 5 min and my temp is 88C then as soon as i exited it dropped to 62C

i know the original spec was at about 67 or so from the manual but i got a ton of warnings when it gots past 70 so i figured there was a problem and i play games alot, bout 5-6 hours straight when i can help it and ive never seen the temp after that long so i figured it was way to hot

Get a better heatsink along with the arctic silver5. Make sure you read the directions before using it. Reading your your processors basically told me they run HOT. But people overclocking them especially just have to work harder to keep them cool. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

With you playing games for that long especially means you need to work on better cooling unless you wanna cook your processor. Stock cooling is always pretty much a joke b/c its the bare minimum.

after this ill take the advice thanks alot man ill get the new heatsink and artic silver 5

now the new problem...

where does the money come from lol

maybe i can use my processor heat to smelt quarters...

no doubt....until then I would run your computer with the side off and keep your room cool....like 65 degrees or below....it may help a bit.

alright, gaming in a longsleeve shirt and jacket, i might spring for the rush deivery from newegg for once

You could underclock the proocesser until you have the cash. You still will be very good with performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom