1 AGP and 2 PCI Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I got one ATI Radeon 9200 AGP, and two S3 Trio 32/64+ PCI video cards in my computer. When my computer starts up the BIOS is on my first S3 Trio PCI card. (because in my BIOS I need to put Display PCI first for the PCI card to work) After, in windows my principal monitor is the ATI Radeon and my secondary is the first S3 Trio card. But, the second S3 Trio doesn't want to start. In the device manager it's says that the second S3 Trio have a problem. (This device cannot start. (Code 10))

Can someone helps me? It's just like if there was no video card for that one.

Same thing as your 3 sound cards thread. One takes presidance over the other, you cant simply throw in multiple graphics adapaters and have them work properly and simultaneously

Gee wouldnt that be neet? if you could stack video cards in your system and have them all work . shit id got out and get a 6800 gt for every pci slot and 1 for agp .

Thats totally possible, just not easy. I have two monitors on my computer, and the software that came with my card knows how to properly use two moitors. Windows is dumb for more than two monitors. You need a third party software to be able to use three or more monitors. I would suggest using the Entech Taiwan's Powerstrip PC World (I think) recommended using this program, so therefore I recommend using that program. Also, check the device manager and make sure the two cards arent conflicting, the S3's. Since they are the same card and chipset and stuff, wiindows may have some difficulty in distinguishing between the two.

Him said:
Thats totally possible, just not easy. I have two monitors on my computer, and the software that came with my card knows how to properly use two moitors. Windows is dumb for more than two monitors. You need a third party software to be able to use three or more monitors. I would suggest using the Entech Taiwan's Powerstrip PC World (I think) recommended using this program, so therefore I recommend using that program. Also, check the device manager and make sure the two cards arent conflicting, the S3's. Since they are the same card and chipset and stuff, wiindows may have some difficulty in distinguishing between the two.

ya dude....you've got two monitors runnin' off 1 card...this guy's tryin' to make 3 monitors run off of 3 different cards.....big difference there......

Big difference, but same concept. Get the software, work out the conflicts, and your golden.

Whats with you man.. Dont you understand that if you have 100 5200 FX just ONE 6600 GT would look better... You cant run AGP and PCI video cards togather on one screen. When i read this i was thinking about that sound card guy, but then realized its the same dude.

RangerXero said:
Gee wouldnt that be neet? if you could stack video cards in your system and have them all work . shit id got out and get a 6800 gt for every pci slot and 1 for agp .

if u got the $$ :D ;)

i spent 200 bucks on my 6600gt agp and that hurt my wallet, even though I got some $$ from building some computers:rolleyes:

Him....it's not at all the same concept. He wants multiple monitors on multiple cards. We already know you can run multiple monitors off of one card.

There's no way to utilize more than one card in the system, period

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom