Start up 'issues'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
I have two issues that I hope someone can help me solve. :)

1) Recently I needed to get rid of some viruses from my computer, as a result I needed to go into safe mode. I have since 'solved' the virus issue, but everytime I turn on my computer it asks me to choose between normal boot up, or safe mode. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I was certain I had disabled safe mode start up. :mad:

2) On my laptop, I downloaded a custom boot screen, and used StyleXP to apply it. However, every time I turn on my laptop it asks me whether I want to turn my laptop on with or without a bootscreen, and it has a 30 second timer. :angry: Is there a way to stop WindowsXP from being so retarded and just accept the new boot screen. I have since restored the default boot screen until this problem is solved. If there is no way to fix this, then I guess it means I'm stuck with WindowsXP Bland Edition.

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (bootscreen)" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /KERNEL=kernel1.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

change it to this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

try this:
type "del C:\boot.ini" in run

then make a new file in C: called boot
open it, put in this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW
S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

then click file, save as, select "all files" in the list, and call it boot.ini

this just means you're replacing the boot.ini with one you've made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom