Drivers for an old Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

KornNut

In Runtime
I am having problems with installing the drivers to an extremely old sound card. This card is over 4 years old and the latest operating systemt that it supports is Windows 2000.

I had completely reformatted the hard drive due to a horrific virus. Windows did not auto detect the sound card. So, it was not able to install the default drivers.

I also went into device manager, and tried to detect the drivers from the CD Rom, but it did not recognize it.

Finally, I treid to install the driver through the installation wizard on the CD Rom. It said that the installation of the driver was successful, but there is no sound. (I Have checked all connections and volume settings).

Any suggestions???

Check your bios. I installed xpsp2 and it disabled my sound in the bios. I enabled it and the sound worked again.

what mobo is it part of? because what i would do is find out what chipset the mobo has and then install the chipset drivers... the chipset prolly controls the integrated soundcard and this may clear the issue up... i know that my pc wouldnt see the integrated network card on my new mobo until i installed the nforce4 chipset drivers... so maybe this will work for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom