9800 PRO any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
My friend knows someone at ATI and said that he can get me a 9800 Pro for 175 Cdn $. The normal street price in Toronto seems to be around $250 Cdn. On top of that, I think ATI is throwing in Half Life 2 when u buy this card. I was seriously considering getting the 6600 GT for 250 Cdn $. But this offer is too good! :(

So what do u guys think?

a) 9800 pro + HL2 for $175 Cdn
b) 6600 GT + HL2 for $250 Cdn + $50 Cdn = $300

Is the 9800 Pro any good?

i vote A: 9800 pro. quite an amazing price, and still a great card (though not as good as a 6600gt..)

mm, friend has a 9800pro, its good but not as good as my 6600gt.. his came with hl2, but meh, I just leeched it from him :p + if ur gona get Hl2, buy it so u get CS:source too =)

Of course man.. :). I only want HL2 to play CS Source.

Whenever u guy a 9600 XT, 9800 Pro/XT these days, u automatically get the Steam bronze package...

hmm.. tough call :(.. I really had my heart set on the 6600 GT :(.. But this deal is too good :(..

my buddies got a 9800pro...wow....i have heard the GT's better, but, tha's a pretty kick ass deal there.....hell, 9800pro's are still 300 here in windsor.....i NEVER seen any good nvidia at all either....it sucks here for graphic's choice in stores...

Yup, i'd probly take it too, but just remember ur buyin last years card.. most benchmarks show the 6600 and the 9800pro to be more or less the same, 6600gt kicks its bum in doom3 coz thats what nvidia cards were made for, but as hl2 is all u want to play ( i hate doom 3 too :p ) the 98 and the 66 are pretty even.. dont go with ur heart, go with ur pocket :) no point havin a good comp if u cant afford to eat :)

You hate doom III?????????

I was just about to upgrade my rig as it is. I was going to replace a Radeon 9800Pro (256Mb) with a 6800GT Platinum.

Oh and VIII hows that 32Gb Raptor of your doing, i've heard they are dropping like flies.

i dont hate it hate it, i just dont like to play it, its scary :p well, the repetition is scary..
what do u mean droppin like flies, people havin issues?
mines goin great, ive put windows onto that HD and all my other files on my 160... so yeah im happy with it atm.. no issues yes, my friend built my comp so hehe if nething happens ill just blame it on him :)

lol that was my impression of Doom 3 . A big haunted house :)
Get the 6600 GT much better card .

CntdwnToExtn said:
9800pro's are still 300 here in windsor.....i NEVER seen any good nvidia at all either....it sucks here for graphic's choice in stores...

Same here in London,you have to haggle your a$$ off to get a card at a decent price,Ati 9800 pro goe's for $300 and a 6800gt goe's for about $550 or more:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom