My Comp meets requirements for HL2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StolenBrain

Baseband Member
see my spec please...
I run HL2 in 1024x768 2xAA + 4x AF and High Qualities. Why I usually have 20 to 60 FPS while I should hav at least a hundred???

*NOTE* My comp has just formatted few days ago

its because your 6800 has 128MB of video RAM. the texture data size, AND the 2xAA/4xAF just fills up too much VRAM for 128MB. thats why your framerates drop. I suggest you turn off AA and AF and increasing your resolution. check out this, it shows a 6800 on a Athlon XP 3200+ and a 6800GT the numbers should be about right:

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/half-life_2_athlon_xp/page3.asp

if that doesn't fix it, consider a prossesor upgrade. but it doesn't look like you need that

on my system, i run HL2 maxed out NO AA/AF at around 20-60fps. and thats on a 9500Pro!

my radeon 9200 128mb runs only like 45fps at all low settings. That's why I just bought a radeon 9800pro 128mb/256bit on eBay for just $175! I think it has new r360 core. Hopefully it should run HL2 real nice!

Notice how the report doesn't seem to say any other the systems stats beside the video card? It seems like they could be running on an Athlon 64 with gobs of memory, so you can't base your performance strictly on the video card. Besides, 60 FPS is pretty good and it's still VERY playable, so you're fine.

thanks

it's true that my system may hav much differences from their testing machine. thanks for ur reply

I run at 1024x768, all settings maxed, 4xAA, 16xAF

min = 60
max = 140

:) I am happy with the way my system performs in this game.

wast sure how well this game would run w/ my system but i am happily suprised at how well it does, on the css video test i g about 30 with a few other things running, and this game is frickin amzazing,

p4 1.8
512mb
geforce mx 200 64mb

I use Omega drivers v4.12, and I have Radeon 9800 by Sapphire. I get 60FPS average, and my highest has been almost 200.

The CS:S video test I get 100FPS overall (if you want exact, 98.5 lol)

www.omegadrivers.net < -rox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom