What You've Just Bought!

I hate apple. Blast their overpriced products. $1500 for a macbook? That's crazy. And now they can put there own chips in so that there is nothing to compare them to. All I have to say is I will always stick to my Windows running on my intel CPUs. Something about AMD just pushes me away. And something about apple makes me dislike fruit. May apple go bankrupt very soon.

The appleians (Apple worshipers) prayer:
Oh great and mighty Apple, give us this day your overpriced tech.
So you can can steal our information, and we will worship you forever.
And that wonderful MacOS that requires us to buy a new computer every year to run the latest version,
Will be our altar forever. And never will we stray to windows or that blasted linux,
for we have commited our lives, and money to you.

Last edited:
The performance of the laptop can still be compared in suites that support both architectures. Thing is Intel hasn't caught up to the power efficiency of the mobile market without sacrificing speed. The last few Macs have been overheat monsters too, especially the Pros. Couple that with all the security flaws in Intel chips with code updates that butcher performance and we have a clear reason why Apple made this decision. Makes sense on a corporate level.

Something about AMD just pushes me away.
Fanboyism and inexperience. Take heed to what I said in my last post, not everything is about gaming. In fact, to component makers it's a small portion. The server/Enterprise and OEM worlds are where the money is made.

Bought;
1) A 4TB Toshiba X300 drive for my VM server
2) A 120mm Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fan for my VM server (it's struggling with just the crappy 80mm fan the case came with)
3) A lot of Terry Pratchett books
4) A new set of kitchen bins plus those ISO waste category stickers you see at business
5) A new hoover, same model as the old one that died cos it lasted 10+ years
6) A new spade, hoe, and fork for the garden

I also dispatched my Lenovo E480 to my Mum so she can use it to write books, as I wasn't using it any more.

Amazon is REALLY starting to piss me off...

Snagged a 48 port Ubiquiti switch the other week, wanted a small upgrade path to 10Gbit, figure I would start out with a switch that had a pair of SFP+ ports to link two servers.

Got the switch in, everything setup, then placed an order for a NIC, some SFP+ transcievers and some fiber. Was supposed to be here yesterday, stuff shipped on wednesday... It hasn't updated past the initial shipping from the warehouse.

Rather annoyed, $250 worth sitting MIA. I decided, "screw it, I will order another batch". Order placed, should be here tomorrow afternoon according to Amazon, still hasn't shipped.

Seriously, I work returns, and work like a dog, WTF are the pickers, packers, and Amazon truck drivers doing?

Every order the last 7 or 8 months has been either lost, wrong item, or severely late. Maybe 2 or 3 deliveries went "normally" for me. Think it's time to cancel that prime membership.

Last edited:
It the C19 thing. Myself and my Mrs have had issues with Prime since C19. Everything before that was great, but like yourself we see longer delays.

It the C19 thing. Myself and my Mrs have had issues with Prime since C19. Everything before that was great, but like yourself we see longer delays.

Nah, this isn't cause of C19, it's lazy untrained workers within Amazon. Don't even think of saying, "well, they need retrained/trained better", or, "Amazon should do a better job of training them". No, most the people that I have seen, in 3 different facilities, are foreigners that have ZERO desire to do anything but play, and don't give a damn about doing their job right.

Exact same items, coming from the exact same warehouse, there's a lazy mofo somewhere, or a truck with a few hundred orders has gone MIA and fell off the end of the earth.

Ordered back early Wednesday:
a7fe0394a2ea65c3d9f6d758063b8a24.png

Ordered last night at like, 11:00PM:
dbfbfce151397f228c46b450bdb4dc3a.png

I already know what happened to the first one, it was scanned to go onto one of our lovely trucks, and NEVER made it onto the truck. It is probably stuck inside the original warehouse on problem solve island.

Last edited:
Welp, got the package that I ordered like, Friday night, was rather painless to swap the quad gigabit NIC for the 10Gbit one and get things back up and running.

The first package still hasn't made it anywhere beyond, "package has shipped". Truck must have fallen into a black hole and never left the facility. 24 more hours and I can request a refund hopefully.

Amazon is REALLY starting to piss me off...

Snagged a 48 port Ubiquiti switch the other week, wanted a small upgrade path to 10Gbit, figure I would start out with a switch that had a pair of SFP+ ports to link two servers.

Got the switch in, everything setup, then placed an order for a NIC, some SFP+ transcievers and some fiber. Was supposed to be here yesterday, stuff shipped on wednesday... It hasn't updated past the initial shipping from the warehouse.

Rather annoyed, $250 worth sitting MIA. I decided, "screw it, I will order another batch". Order placed, should be here tomorrow afternoon according to Amazon, still hasn't shipped.

Seriously, I work returns, and work like a dog, WTF are the pickers, packers, and Amazon truck drivers doing?

Every order the last 7 or 8 months has been either lost, wrong item, or severely late. Maybe 2 or 3 deliveries went "normally" for me. Think it's time to cancel that prime membership.
You work there, you should know what's up as Joe is right. It's def is the Covid stuff because once quarantine hit they were hiring anything off the streets at 17/h and even giving a ton of OT. These people are just F'ing off making bank and get F'kd if you order anything that isn't deemed "essential". How is it I order a 1,000 dollar monitor and it takes a month to get to me but a tablet my sister orders is NEXT DAY DELIVERY?? They both shipped out of the same warehouse which is literally 15 minutes from my house. Not only that, the ******* that delivered the monitor left the retail packaged box at the corner of my house for anybody within 5 houses to see. I know 3 people working in the DFW facilities and none of them do any real work. You'd be pissed if you saw their social media posts.

Edit: Oh and I bought an Alphacool Eis block for my 3960x rig and it was delivered within 2 days. Insult to injury on the monitor thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom