Upgrading from 9 year old build

is that the plate that the CPU cooler screws to? Does the plate align with the screwholes on the CPU cooler?

You ordered the one that PP threw together right? The $2700 one?

Last edited:
is that the plate that the CPU cooler screws to? Does the plate align with the screwholes on the CPU cooler?

You ordered the one that PP threw together right? The $2700 one?

Yes, I ordered the PP suggested configuration. Figured it out. The specs hadn't been updated for the new LGA1200 socket since it was new. It is supported even though it isn't listed in the specs as supported. I just needed to adjust the back plate a bit to get to fit. Thanks

They say they're supported because the socket holes are all in the same place. It's been that way for years so I never worry about it.

One other issue I'm running into is that the Phanteks Eclipse P600s has a USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type - C socket on the front panel, but the ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming 4 motheroboard doesn't have a socket available to plug it into. Is that something I'm going to miss badly if I don't have on front panel - enough to where I'd want to get a motherboard that supports that connection, or should I not worry about it and leave it disabled?

I'm guessing the partpicker site doesn't check compatibility down to that level and I would have needed to manually compare all the connections from chassis to motherboard myself before purchasing?

Thanks

The only boards that have that specific front panel socket are double the cost of the current board. It would be cheaper to get a type A to type C adapter and later on if you decide to upgrade the boards with that port should be cheaper and more standard. The Type A ports should still require a standard USB 3 header so really no loss unless you just absolutely need a Type C on the front.

The only boards that have that specific front panel socket are double the cost of the current board. It would be cheaper to get a type A to type C adapter and later on if you decide to upgrade the boards with that port should be cheaper and more standard. The Type A ports should still require a standard USB 3 header so really no loss unless you just absolutely need a Type C on the front.

Great. I'll just wait and see if I ever need the type C on the front and if so, I can get an adapter at that point.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom