Help find a "cure"

Lol F@H would just make my internet slower then it already is (very slow) and none of my computers are actually that great and like I said, my internet cuts out all the time.

Yep... it's been for for a little while now. Just like everyone else, people forget that there is still a pandemic going on...
Nobody forgot, nobody cares anymore because the ADHD public saw a new shiny thing to concentrate on courtesy of the media. But I noticed I was the only one folding lol. I came into the office today to realize out of 3 machines only one has been folding for months. Getting 1.6 million PPD off a single RTX 2080 and the other 300k off the CPU. Geez

Lol F@H would just make my internet slower then it already is (very slow) and none of my computers are actually that great and like I said, my internet cuts out all the time.
F@H doesn't take a lot of internet. It pulls a few MB of data for a WU and computes that before needing another one.

I stopped mid May since getting a WU was more about patience than anything else. I wouldn't mind running it if it was consistent... But I still think they have all the support they need right now. I know it's gone, but I'd still rather find "little green men" with SETI. :p

I'm just not convinced ;) With the current hardware and my crappy internet it just doesn't sound like a good idea to me :)
Tbf nobody really asked either. I run these on bandwidth limited air cards and they don't go over the 4GB monthly limit. Like Nukem said, they have all the help they can get.

I stopped mid May since getting a WU was more about patience than anything else. I wouldn't mind running it if it was consistent... But I still think they have all the support they need right now. I know it's gone, but I'd still rather find "little green men" with SETI. :p
I'm getting steady WUs now which is why my PPD went to where it was supposed to be.

I thought SETI got shut down.

It did... But I'd rather do that than Folding. Call it a "not so social" interest. But folding has a huge amount of people/computers. SETI didn't have squat. Hence why they shut down for lack of funding and interest.

Rant over. LOL Back to the real world.

It did... But I'd rather do that than Folding. Call it a "not so social" interest. But folding has a huge amount of people/computers. SETI didn't have squat. Hence why they shut down for lack of funding and interest.

Chuckle,chuckle?

If I'm completely honest (and I've been vocal about it before) I think they're both hogwash in terms of any progress. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom