Upgrading from 9 year old build

Not sure what that is supposed to mean
If you have the money I would go with the i9

Great, thanks for putting together. What are pros/cons with windows 10 pro/non-pro? Also, are there any other tweaks upward I might consider other than the I9 cpu? Like 1 TB ssd versus 500g? Looks like the GPU is out of stock at amazon and newegg. Is that normal for them to be scarce?

Thanks!

As for windows 10 pro the extra $40 is worth it because windows 10 pro comes with less bloatware and other microsoft junk. The only reason you would need a larger SSD is if you have more to store on it,it is reccomended that you keep around 20-30% of your SSD free for Max performance. This list here has an i9 and a video card that is almost the same as the last one for $1300.

As for windows 10 pro the extra $40 is worth it because windows 10 pro comes with less bloatware and other microsoft junk. The only reason you would need a larger SSD is if you have more to store on it,it is reccomended that you keep around 20-30% of your SSD free for Max performance. This list here has an i9 and a video card that is almost the same as the last one for $1300.

Was there supposed to be a link in this post? I didn't see one that linked to the $1,300 quote. Thanks

A 450W PSU for a 9900K plus the other stuff is very weak...

By looking at your list of current parts, you already have an 850W. At a minimum I would suggest a 650W of good quality.

So If you want a total new build, then there are better options. I did a core list on the same site and I'm sure PP will chime in with his 2 cents as well, but AMD right now is the better of the options...

Added to the list... https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Last edited:
OP only wants to play Android emulators, and I have to honestly say at least for Blue Stacks that it plays nicer with Intel machines. I get frame drops at home, where as at work I don't really. All we need to do is replace his core platform.

This is what I would do if you're not interested in anything else. Use SLOBS and NVNEC (new) and CPU cores won't be an issue.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sYMQsk

What specific games do you plan to play, and what hardware options does Nox have these days? I can use up to 8 cores in Bluestacks but it doesn't make much of a difference over 4 or 6.

Back
Top Bottom