Developing a RDP solution

ankity2k

Solid State Member
Hi,

Need help you help on below problem.

I have an application (software) in my desktop and would like to give access of this application to other persons (number could be 5-8), who are sitting at different location. I learned that it can be possible through RDP (remote desktop protocol), however, I do not know the way to do the same.
Further, I also want to make it password protected and every person have different password.
Request you to provide me solution so that I can make it happen.

Regards,
Ankit

So you want to all the windows desktops in your office to be able to RDP into a single machine that has the product installed?

Sounds like OP wants to share an application to remote users.

A solution such as a Citrix Server ($$$) would be required. Not sure if there any alternatives (cheaper or free).

Sounds like OP wants to share an application to remote users.

A solution such as a Citrix Server ($$$) would be required. Not sure if there any alternatives (cheaper or free).

depending on the app, RDP to a machine could be enough.

Citrix XenApp is possible but not worth it if the company is small, plus requires technical knowledge above a simple RDP and firewall setup

Citrix XenServer is actually free by the way, it has become open source :)

depending on the app, RDP to a machine could be enough.

Citrix XenApp is possible but not worth it if the company is small, plus requires technical knowledge above a simple RDP and firewall setup

Citrix XenServer is actually free by the way, it has become open source :)

Would need a Windows Server machine/VM running with the application installed in order for it to accept 5-8 people simultaneously (assuming this scenario).

So you want to all the windows desktops in your office to be able to RDP into a single machine that has the product installed?

Yes, I have 3-4 window desktop but the product install on 1 system and other desktop is connected with LAN, however, LAN is not possible if anybody is sitting far from office.

I want to connect such product through RDP.

Please note that I don't have much technical knowledge. Although I am individual but I am ready to pay small amount.

Regards,
Ankit

Yes, I have 3-4 window desktop but the product install on 1 system and other desktop is connected with LAN, however, LAN is not possible if anybody is sitting far from office.

I want to connect such product through RDP.

Please note that I don't have much technical knowledge. Although I am individual but I am ready to pay small amount.

Regards,
Ankit

You have to be very careful when opening externally facing computers.

As you are not technical, it is hard to explain what you need to do, and maybe best to hire a freelancer to support you.

essentially what you want is a VPN that connects from your end devices to your network.

But if you hire a freelancer you need to be sure they take the security aspect serious. feel free to post what they suggest to you here and we can give you advise.

Back
Top Bottom