hosting file share

TechnoChicken

Professional Amature
I am interested in hosting my own file share website from one of my computers for personal use, the system I may be using has an i5 and 8gb of RAM and i would only have around 2-3 users uploading/download at a time.

The way I want it t work is that anyone who wanted to use the site would have to apply for an account so that it is strictly for friends/family

so each user would get an account and around 25gb storage (you can request more) and you can make “drives” and have multiple drives on your account these drives can be either public (all MEMBERS can see them) or private (only the members you choose will be able to see it) you may also give write capabilities to certain people or give write access to only the author of the file.

does anyone know the best way to do that?

I am interested in hosting my own file share website from one of my computers for personal use, the system I may be using has an i5 and 8gb of RAM and i would only have around 2-3 users uploading/download at a time.

The way I want it t work is that anyone who wanted to use the site would have to apply for an account so that it is strictly for friends/family

so each user would get an account and around 25gb storage (you can request more) and you can make “drives” and have multiple drives on your account these drives can be either public (all MEMBERS can see them) or private (only the members you choose will be able to see it) you may also give write capabilities to certain people or give write access to only the author of the file.

does anyone know the best way to do that?

yup. take a look at Owncloud, its open source and is basically a private cloud, exactly what your looking for.

https://owncloud.org/

Back
Top Bottom