Cant port forward my ports! (TP-Link Archer C150)

Julian043

Baseband Member
Allright,

I've been trying to set up mine own minecraft server so me and a few friends can join the server.

The problem is I've spent to much hours on trying to opening my ports without succes so far.
Im thinking that my router just doesn't open the ports, even when configured correctly.

- I downloaded the official server hosting service from minecraft so I can host te server.
- In server properties i left the port on:25565
- In server properties, Server-IP, I put my static ipv4 adress from the hosting machine.

I am using a TP-Link Archer C3150, and went to advanced, Nat forwarding, Virtual servers.
Over here is opend up my ports: 25565

As far as I know I did everything but still my port isn't open...

I added pictures to give you a good image of my setup.
https://imgur.com/a/wEwsF1P
Hope someone can help me out!

NAT forwarding is really just NAT.. private IP to public IP and vice versa..

port triggering is the reverse of port forward.. so it is expecting the MC to open that port first, then your port trigger will open the external incoming port..

You want actual port forwarding, then it will open the inbound external port straight away.

googling that router, I cant see any info on port forwarding functionality, so you may need to replace your router with one that does.

UPDATE:
just googled "virtual server" for tp link and it seems thats what they refer to as port forwarding https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1106/

check you have followed all the steps

Last edited:
Ow wow, thanks, I feel so stupid now...

But why do many people (like in the video) say that ''virtual server'' is enough?

https://youtu.be/NTLDsEuQlYc?t=426
(Youtube video of a guy showing how to port forward)

Yes you only need virtual server(port forwarding) setup, i was just explaining what the rest actually does :cool:

So you can delete the port trigger, and with your virtual server setup it should work ( make sure firewall allows it)

For a test put your friends public IP as SRC and always set SRC port to any on your virtual server.

And turn off the firewall on your MC server to ensure everything works

Then if it works, change SRC public IP to any on the virtual server and lockdown firewall just to the MC service on the MC server and you should be good to go.

Let us know how you get on

Alright,

So i tried it out but still get the error when joining:(See picture)
I also disabled the firewall but no succes.
I don't see any messages in my console when they are trying to join.
The only thing i cant find is the ''NAT'' setting in step 4 of the doc.

Attachments

• Minecraft Error.png
    Minecraft Error.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 4
Alright,

So i tried it out but still get the error when joining:(See picture)
I also disabled the firewall but no succes.
I don't see any messages in my console when they are trying to join.
The only thing i cant find is the ''NAT'' setting in step 4 of the doc.

I would of expected the router to have NAT enabled for WAN to LAN when you set up port forwarding... just get another router (newer) to test.

you could also get a 2nd computer internally to test the connection direct to your
MC server, that way you know the MC server is setup correctly and its the router.

Already tried it with a another PC on the same network. I was able to connect with via localhost or internal ip.
So I dont think it is the server itself. Just really the fact it wont open my ports...

Btw, what did you mean with ''friends public IP as SRC and always set SRC port to any on your virtual server''
You want my friends public ip adress in the virtual server setting of my router or in the server.properties of the minecraft server?

If that all wont work, guess I'll have to give up

Already tried it with a another PC on the same network. I was able to connect with via localhost or internal ip.
So I dont think it is the server itself. Just really the fact it wont open my ports...

Btw, what did you mean with ''friends public IP as SRC and always set SRC port to any on your virtual server''
You want my friends public ip adress in the virtual server setting of my router or in the server.properties of the minecraft server?

If that all wont work, guess I'll have to give up

dont give up! tshooting is the fun part. id give up once its working :D

I mean if the virtual server asks for a source public IP(which looking at your pictures it doesnt, this router sucks hard) then use your friends, and always keep source port to any (which looking at your pictures isnt an option either) as you will never know what port the source machine will use.

good you tested internal and it works.

On the router,
when you selected Service type, was MC server pre-populated or did you type that in? what options are there for service type?

what is that light bulb icon mean if you hover over it?

Back
Top Bottom