Best 4K POE Security Cams?

cyclones

In Runtime
Hey all. I'm wondering if anyone could provide some recommendations on security cameras. I'm wanting to get a couple of 4K POE security cameras that will be used mostly outside. I saw a lot of Amcrest and Reolink cameras advertised on Amazon but some friends had recommended not purchasing those due to some ongoing issues. I did look at some Axis camera's and a 4K version ran around $600 a piece which is out of budget for me. I'm looking at getting 4-6 cameras which will be hosted with Milestone security on a dedicated PC. I've also tested a Ubiquiti G3 camera but then you're locked into using Ubiquiti's camera software and I wanted some flexibility using different software. Any help is appreciated!

4k isn't really a thing for this field. Even the high end 1080p cameras are still in the 4Mb-ish range which isn't actually 1080p bitrate. I'm using Ubiquiti cameras, they're pretty alright for the price.

If you use Ubiquiti cameras, you're pretty much locked into their software though.. is that right?

AFAIK yes but don't quote me on that as I haven't looked into it. I bought these with the sole intent of keeping their ecosystem. Even still, you can host their software on anything and it's free.

Back
Top Bottom