Windows 10 Setup (no keyboard/touchpad or usb)

callmewilson

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have refurbished, repaired and rebuild many PC's and laptops so Windows installations are usual but this is the first time I've experienced this issue.

I'm trying to install Windows 10 onto a Toshiba Satellite laptop which is fully 10 compatible, specifications met so that's irrelevant. The bios is fairly basic but updated to the last release and configured correctly.

This is what happens, although now unsupported, it currently has Windows 7 installed which works fine and also had Vista and XP previously. All install and run fine.

I start the Windows 10 installation, files load, usual blue Windows logo appears in middle of the screen, then all 4 USB 2.0 ports stop working, along with touchpad and keyboard.

The language to install, time and currency format and keyboard or input method starts as usual, can't go any further. When installing XP, Vista or Windows 7 everything works as normal. It looks like some driver is missing from the Windows 10 installation media, can't install from a DVD or USB drive. There is only 4x USB 2.0 ports (no ps2).

NEVER EVER HAD THIS ISSUE BEFORE!

Hi,

I have refurbished, repaired and rebuild many PC's and laptops so Windows installations are usual but this is the first time I've experienced this issue.

I'm trying to install Windows 10 onto a Toshiba Satellite laptop which is fully 10 compatible, specifications met so that's irrelevant. The bios is fairly basic but updated to the last release and configured correctly.

This is what happens, although now unsupported, it currently has Windows 7 installed which works fine and also had Vista and XP previously. All install and run fine.

I start the Windows 10 installation, files load, usual blue Windows logo appears in middle of the screen, then all 4 USB 2.0 ports stop working, along with touchpad and keyboard.

The language to install, time and currency format and keyboard or input method starts as usual, can't go any further. When installing XP, Vista or Windows 7 everything works as normal. It looks like some driver is missing from the Windows 10 installation media, can't install from a DVD or USB drive. There is only 4x USB 2.0 ports (no ps2).

NEVER EVER HAD THIS ISSUE BEFORE!
can you take a pic of the screen it get stuck at?

What USB are you using?

Back
Top Bottom