almost afraid to ask

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so, a while back (4 or 5 weeks), we had a power outage, where the power flickered on and off like a strobe light for about a minute. i guess that corrupted the windows program in my primary desktop. i could not repair the corrupted o.s. even with the installation disk, so i ended up installing a second o.s. on the same hard drive. how do i uninstall the corrupted operating system?

Did it/you create a new partition or did Windows install over the original installation and create a Windows.old folder?

i do not find a windows old file. when i first fired up the computer after the power was properly restored, the recovery screen came up. but i could not make it work. i turned off the computer with the windows install disk in the drive. when i turned the computer back on, it went ahead (i am sure i clicked whatever needed clicking) and it reinstalled widows. the only way i know there are 2 windows programs is when i turn the computer on (not wake it up) it asks which windows to use. there is one like normal, and one in "volume 4". so i am assuming it created a new partition upon the new installation.

Your best bet is to just launch the CD at boot again, and erase the partitions and rebuild them, or use something like Partition Magic to delete and resize the partitions as needed.

Back
Top Bottom