system downgrade???

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
6-8 months ago, i installed a 128gb ssd into my desktop. unfortunately, i now can not access most of the information stored on the regular hard drive. and my tech oriented son, is off at college. the ssd is a little faster to boot than the regular hard drive, but the trade off isn't enough to make it worthwhile to me. can i just remove the ssd and have my old desktop back?

6-8 months ago, i installed a 128gb ssd into my desktop. unfortunately, i now can not access most of the information stored on the regular hard drive. and my tech oriented son, is off at college. the ssd is a little faster to boot than the regular hard drive, but the trade off isn't enough to make it worthwhile to me. can i just remove the ssd and have my old desktop back?
Of course you can, as long as this old works and is up to date, but I wouldn't recommend You do it because it's not the same or similar as changing the personal underwear.
If You could (are able) do it, You wouldn't ask for such simple things.
However, You can always connect that old HDD via USB to the PC and use whatever you need. Why don't you do that if You need old files, which were stored on old HDD?

Last edited:
the old hard drive is still in, and connected to the computer. i can find the drive, i just can not find a way to access any of the files that are contained in it.

Back
Top Bottom