Potentially the longest thread in history...

Yep, to bad. You guys have taught me Soo much.. would never had learned how to build my own PC without this site. Seems like many people do not wish to be part of something anymore. No one volunteers much anymore either. Either mob mentality or total isolationists. Just my limited observation. Our saltwater Aquarium local club is having difficulty as well - getting members, getting board member volunteers, etc.

I think it may be things like social media, people using more tablets and Windows becoming more stable than it was back when 98, XP and W2K were the operating systems of that time.
There's still some things going on in Windows 10 forums on other web sites though, Most of what I see usually in other places involves some type of changes to make Windows 10 look different or how to change certain things that operate within 10 itself

Well I think this place is well and truly dead. Sad times. It had a good run this past decade or so. The owners should pull the plug rather than just let it rot away.

Yeah that was a good long while with no meaningful posts

I decided I am going to archive this site... Hopefully... Hard to find simple solutions for making an offline HTML based archive.

Wonder how large this forum really is *thinks*...

Have HTTrack going, wish it would build an index of things first, then do everything else so I could figure out the size this is going to be.

Now that I think about it, I am waiting for my IP to get banned for the rapid URL loading... lol

Last edited:
I have a feeling that wouldn't work out well for two reasons...

1: What web-master would give a copy of a websites contents(the database) to someone freely? None that I know of.

2: For it to be usable, I would have to setup another website on my LAN with the same software we use here, or software that is compatible...

An archive is just that, an archive, nothing usable except for being able to read things.

Right now I am at about 1GB of used data, and basically only 3-4 links deep on everything, yes I would love to get a copy of the database (strip anything private out?) and host it on a private server in read-only mode for archival purposes. But I also don't have a desire to drop money on vBulletin.

Last edited:
Just get a back up of the forums data base... you may need help from an Admin on that

zmMqtry.jpg

The only admins that have backend access are the owners...who 2+ years ago said we were going to switch off of vBulletin and onto something modern like Xenforo.

Back
Top Bottom