Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - A Breath of Fresh Air from all the Drama

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 09:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
kmanmx
AR ML AI <3

Default Re: A Breath of Fresh Air from all the Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
This is why I have retro rigs, because at the end of the day older games were simply made better.
Older games were also way simpler and cheaper to make. I think people oversimplify it when they be like "Old games good, new games bad, modern devs suck". Yes some modern devs suck and do ****ty things, but at the same time, your average joe gamer is expecting more than ever. If a game like Team Fortress 2 came out in 2019 it'd be considered a indie type game. Small maps, simple art style, limited selection of characters etc.

Now people want every game to be in a photo realistic vast open world game with thousands of unique guns and items, while being fully online playable with campaigns and coop etc etc etc. It's way harder to developer, takes more money and is more complicated. But yes, many will argue that from a pure fun point of view games are maybe not as good as they used to be. Idk tbh, I feel like if I went back and tried to play a game from the 1990's or early 2000's I probably wouldn't enjoy them that much.

Apple MacBook Pro 2019
i9 2.3Ghz 8-core.
16GB DDR4
1TB SSD
Radeon Pro Vega 20
LG 34 Ultrawide NanoIPS
CalTech TS3+ Dock
Genelec 8010A Studio Monitors

kmanmx is offline   Reply With Quote