Will an ethernet cable help me?

oscar.wills

Beta member
Hi. I live in the countryside, on the outskirts of a nearby city in England and have never had good internet. We tried using a router but the plan was much too expensive and decided to switch to using personal hotspots (unlimited data, on my familiy's contracts) on our phones. We now have a phone dedicated entirely for the purpose of the router as it is connected to a NETGEAR relay thing (unsure of what exactly it is) so instead of connecting to the phone's hotspot, we are connecting to the WI-FI provided by the relayer. It is very inconsitent and my dad says it is because of the inconsistency at the mobile provider's end (Three), not ours. I wasn't sure, for this reason, if an ethernet cable running from the relayer to my pc would help in anyway to iron out some of the inconsistencies.
Thanks

Last edited:
Going from cell to hotspot and repeating the wifi is going to give you a bad time. Secondly, multiple users on one hotspot will always be a bad time. Third, due to so much load the odds of your family being throttled are pretty high and that'll also cause massive slowdowns. A straightforward answer is no an ethernet cable won't help in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom