Computer keeps crashing

MCNUGGET0507

Solid State Member
When I turn my computer on it crashes within 20 minutes. It all started when I got new ram then I took it to a repair shop to get it serviced for the issue then it was fixed. A couple days ago I took it apart to dust it and the issue started happening again. I put two different sets of ram into the of and the issue still kept occurring. Any ideas?

I have tried taking it out and seating it again a few times. I even took some canned air and gently blew the slit out to make sure there wasn't any dust in there

Boot live os and see if it crashes. If not, it makes me think your drive is bad or installed os is corrupt.

I've had this issue too. It really is a problem with your RAM not being seated correctly. See if the repair shop will show you how to do it. I can be a little intimidating to use the right amount of force to seat them properly.

I pushed them in until they clicked and the retention clips clicked into the slots. It turned out to be bad ram. I got new ram and the problem didn't occur anymore

Oh man that's good. I keep memtester86 on usb should have mentioned that I just always do it first on non booting machine. It's test speed depends on ram size and in the order of slots where the broken one is placed.

So for science, when I test a desktop with multiple sticks, take all out and test one at a time. Put in single stick, boot memtest86 from usb or cd, and test. Usually if memory is fouled the test knows soon and color shows red and you know.

Back
Top Bottom