How's your Weather?!

It looks like the rough weather is over for a bit here. We are in for cooler temps and either sunny or mostly sunny days for at least the first half of the week.

I was up in Kentucky when the tornadoes came through there. Thankfully I was not near the affected areas. It got ugly enough where I was. It is hard to upgrade equipment when the power keeps going in and out. Oh, and I found out this morning that the guy I was working with all week has the flu and had it for at least the last two days we worked. I have had the flu shot and am hoping I dodge that bullet...

Wed-Thurs was awful here last week. Got so bad that state offices closed, so I got some nice paid leave for 2.5 days; took vacation Friday afternoon when we re-opened. Got around 6-10" of snow I think; and the drifts were awful. 12-15ft high drifts in places on the highways/interstate. For about 2 days roads in/out of SD were straight up closed. Barriers for I-90/I-29 were put down. People still tried traveling of course and got stuck...was one family that got stuck for like 2 days on the interstate I think and had to wait for the plows to come through. This was mostly the west-side of the state...east side of the state warmed up sooner than we did and started flooding.

And then all hell broke loose down in Nebraska - crazy amounts of flooding (not sure if any of you have seen any videos or anything) - tons of bridges got washed out, roads collapsed, towns flooded. Not good.

Balmy weather continues, fluctuating between ~15-30c over the last little while. Can't wait till it starts getting colder :D
qqPd9Rd.jpg

Weathers been real poor up here in the north. Between 3c on a night to 10c during the day. Real windy too with gales and some showers here and their. Had snow for a period of no more twelve hours about two too three days ago. Come and gone by the time I was in bed and up again.

Sitting here at home now I can here the winds out side but despite that man o man am I hoping for a nice summer. Beer flowing, hot weather and longs days. :D

This is actually a good thread for me so thanks for that PP and Carnage because I'm greatly affected by the weather in regards to my mood swings.

Has anyone herd of SAD, seasonal affective disorder. Sufferer sitting rite here.

The weather has me feeling like **** along with other things.

Crisp and clear this morning. 30F @ 5:43AM. Chance of rain tomorrow but then dry for the next few days. Not bad for the first day of spring.

Been working on chipping the ice away from my driveway; 2-3" thick in most spots. Got probably like...a 20ft^2 chuck chipped/scraped away. My driveway definitely has a dip in it as well, as there's a bunch of pooled water in the middle just in front of my giant "ice dam" that i still need to work on...needs to get warmer so it can soften up a bit. Blech.

Yesterday I had an hour long drive to go to an interview and it was 74f when I head up there and 78f when I was heading back and got stuck in traffic 3 times. Was pretty nice actually and I had the window down.

Back
Top Bottom